IAQ Series - Part Four - Indoor Air Quality Problems in Western MA Businesses
This is Part Four of an ongoing series exploring Indoor Air Quality (IAQ).
We've talked a lot on this blog about Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) in Western MA homes. But office buildings can have poor IAQ as well.
Three major reasons for poor IAQ in office buildings are:
- The presence of indoor air pollution sources such as water damaged ceilings and walls
- Poorly designed, maintained, or operated ventilation systems
- Building uses that were unanticipated or poorly planned when the building was designed or renovated
Sources of Office Air Pollution
As with homes, the most important factor influencing IAQ is the presence of pollutant sources. Commonly found office pollutants and their sources include:
- Environmental tobacco smoke
- Asbestos from insulating and fire-retardant building supplies
- Other organics from building materials, carpet, and other office furnishings, cleaning materials and activities, restroom air fresheners, paints, adhesives, copying machines
- biological contaminants from dirty ventilation systems or water-damaged walls, ceilings, and carpets
How SERVPRO of Hampshire County Can Help
If you are concerned about the indoor air quality in your office or business, we are Here To Help.
- Expert Know-How: with certifications from the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) including
- Water Removal Technician
- Applied Structural Drying
- Lead Removal
- Mold Remediation
- Experience: With over 20 years in business, we've dealt with all kinds of commercial disasters and cleanup
- Equipment: the right equipment for the right environment
- No Job Too Big: We have the resources and manpower to draw from other SERVPRO franchises for large losses
We specialize in water damage cleanup and restoration, mold remediation and air duct cleaning. Give us a call today at 413-589-8975.
Some content sourced from the Consumer Product Safety Commission