The Danger in Your Dryer Vents
Did you know that dryer fires are one of the biggest causes of home fires?
Each year, failure to clean clogged dryer vents and lint traps results in thousands of fires. These disasters are easily preventable with proper maintenance.
Here are some tips to keep you and your home safe:
- Flexible metal venting material should be used to promote good air flow and drying time
- Make sure the dryer exhaust vent is properly installed and free of any obstruction
- Make sure the outside vent flap is opening properly
- Always use the lint filter in your dryer
- Clean out your lint filter before or after every load.
- Clean dryer lint from around the drum and on the floor around the dryer
- Only operate your dryer when you are home; in case of a fire, you will be able to respond quicker and limit damage
Once a year, clean lint and other debris out of the vent and pipe. Too messy, don't have the time? SERVPRO of Hampshire County specializes in air duct and dryer vent cleaning. Our technicians have the training and the equipment to do the job quickly and efficiently.
Most of all, proper maintenance gives you peace of mind your Western MA home is safe. And that is priceless.
Call SERVPRO of Hampshire County to discuss your air duct and dryer vent needs at 413-589-8975.
Some content sourced from the National Fire Protection Association.