If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (413) 324-1300

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

A Clothers Dryer Is Sometimes the Culprit in a Granby House Fire

7/10/2018 (Permalink)

Fire Damage A Clothers Dryer Is Sometimes the Culprit in a Granby House Fire SERVPRO Says Keep Dryer Filters and Ducts Clean to Prevent House Fires in Granby

Granby Home Owners Call SERVPRO for Fire & Smoke Damage Cleanup

Fires can start wherever heat builds up inside your Granby house. This includes the laundry area. Dryer fires often happen when lint accumulates and then ignites. The airways get blocked from the appliance through the elbow leading to the venting duct. This heat can ignite and also put undue stress on your dryer's performance as it raises your electrical bill. While threads and other items generally become caught in the lint trap, it is possible for defects to cause problems. When objects have sharp points or edges, they can make small holes in the mesh, letting larger fibers through and into the ducts. Other times, a lighter left in a pocket can ignite inside the dryer, and spread from there.

Clothes dryer fires can ignite areas in your Granby laundry room or travel through the ducts from the dryer to the vent. Wherever fire damage spreads inside your house, SERVPRO quickly restores everything so you and your family can get back to your regular routines, “Like it never even happened.”

Removing fire-damaged ducts and other materials helps us uncover the rest of the damage more easily. Cleaning as much as we can to restore it back to usable condition keeps costs lower than replacing specific elements. However, when we cannot attain safe conditions with restoration replacements become our only option. Smoke from burned clothing can become very offensive. We eliminate these odors with thermal fogging as a last restort throughout your home. Hydroxyl generators typically can vanquish the foul-smelling airborne particulates. Smoke-killing agents perform the task of eliminating the particles that produce the smoky smell your family continues to breathe in, making the air clean again. Removing any residual water that was used to put the fire out also needs to take place. Preventing mold and mildew growth after a fire protects your house even further. Microbes do not care if the materials they consume carry an offensive odor.

Moisture from your washing machine may also play a part if electricity was cut off after the fire. We work with you to get everything back to normal and in healthy livable conditions. We want your family to live in a safe environment, free of damages that can easily cause harm or injury.

SERVPRO of Hampshire County can make your home's problems with fire damage a thing of the past. Call us at (413) 324-1300 to let us know of your situation, and we can explain how we can help you accomplish this in a fast and efficient manner.

Click here for the local fire dep"t

Other News

View Recent Posts