FIRE SAFETY ALERT!!!
On a somber note, there have been many instance of fire losses this month. Very much characteristic of what statistically is predictable. Sad and unfortunate, yet real. Some of these could have been avoided, some maybe not, but in the end it is still loss and a reminder of just how precious life is.
As the temperatures finally begin to drop into more “seasonable” ranges, be reminded that space heaters and such should be plugged directly into a dedicated circuit without using an extension cord (unless rated for the draw of a heater). DO NOT run the cord across a floor or under a carpet, this could cause a fire or trip hazard. Make sure all heating appliances are UL rated as well. The following link will direct you to some information on a recent Holland fire that was believed to be caused by a space heater.
Secondly, a recent hotel fire at the Publick House in Sturbridge is a reminder to guests to BE AWARE of where your emergency exits and stairwells are when you check into your room. You never know when this could be the difference between life and death.
To Hotel and Restaurant Owners, as well as ALL Business Owners, Building Owners and Property Managers, it’s a great time to remind you that SERVPRO of Hampshire County can assist you in writing an Emergency Ready Profile. This playbook will help you in the event of a disaster as a result of frozen pipes, ice dams, mechanical failures that cause flooding and fire/smoke/soot damage. It’s available in the APP stores and is always at your fingertips on your smart device.
Regardless of the fire source or the extent of smoke damage and fire damage, SERVPRO of Hampshire County can clean and restore your structure and contents back to pre-loss condition. Think of us in your time of need, many others have and were happy to know that we were quickest to their disaster.