How Does Cleanup Work if Water Gets into Walls?
SERVPRO Handles Walls Within Your Granby Home Carefully to Facilitate Rapid Water Cleanup
With any water incident within your Granby home, the walls are susceptible to taking on moisture. Proper steps must be followed to remove any water from behind the walls so that thorough drying can occur. At SERVPRO, we feature highly-skilled technicians ready to handle any cleanup and drying that your property requires after a major spill or leak. Once you call us, we send out a team to your home so that we may begin initial assessment and planning.
Will All Walls Within My Home Need Attention?
When you contact SERVPRO to help with water cleanup in Granby, we take the time to inspect all surface areas, including your walls, flooring, furnishings, and anything else impacted by standing water. Even if the affected walls in the loss zone seem undamaged, it is best to open them to help prevent future mold growth, musty odors, and structural decay. We work to:
- Remove the water from your interior as quickly as possible, including ventilation.
- Take off baseboards, then use drill holes in your drywall to drain out any uninsulated walls.
- Take off the inside surface of walls with insulation a few inches above the waterline. Flooded drywall gets disposed of appropriately according to local guidelines.
- Any paneling without damage can be propped open or get re-installed after detailed cleaning.
- Fully remove and then dispose of saturated fibrous insulation.
- Should water damage result from outside flooding; our team removes any mud, silt, and debris. We treat wall studs and other surface areas with anti-microbial agents.
In some situations, we use the InjectiDry system for addressing moisture found within the walls in your home. Our crew always adjusts equipment and drying methods as needed to ensure the best results.
Call SERVPRO of Hampshire County at (413) 324-1300 when you need help with water cleanup, including potential moisture hidden behind walls.