Immediate Flood Damage Response in Northampton
SERVPRO Tackles Northampton's Flood Disruptions Head-On
The feelings of frustration and stress that flooding in a residence brings to homeowners are immeasurable. When water enters a home unexpectedly, it's not just the mess but the worry about what comes next. Even though each incident has unique qualities, one fact remains the same: the cleanup must begin quickly.
Homes in Northampton sometimes face flood damage due to unexpected weather changes, poor drainage, or even the cresting of the Connecticut River. Homeowners can get a jump on the cleanup by moving items out of areas of the home where water is entering.
Here are some frequently seen problems caused by flood damage:
- Structural damage like warped floors and swollen walls
- Ruined personal items like photos, documents, and furniture
- Mold growth, which thrives in damp conditions and poses health risks
- Potential electrical issues that could risk safety
Here's how SERVPR® in Northampton leaps into action
- They begin with a complete assessment to understand the damage scale
- They extract large amounts of water swiftly using high-grade equipment
- They dry and dehumidify to ensure no sneaky damp spots remain
Drying Floors and Contents
Using equipment that brings warm, dry air and units that dispose of humidity hurry the drying state of the mitigation along. The techs keep close tabs on the moisture left behind through regular air and surface measurements when we say the home is dry; it's dry.
Salvaging of Wet Items
Restoration of salvageable items to their former glory is what SERVPRO's certified techs pride their service upon. Saturated vital documents are not automatically ruined beyond repair. The technicians have access to advanced devices that can use the same restoration methods as the United States Library of Congress.
SERVPRO of Hampshire County is available 24/7 to handle any size of flood damage restoration. (413) 324-1300