Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Mold is not a situation that should be taken lightly when it is discovered in your residence. The presence of this fungal or microbial threat can continually worsen until immediate steps get taken to remove it and remediate the effects. Our SERVPRO AMRT-Certified technicians work to remove the active colonies from a property and eliminate the underlying cause of this development.
What Remediation Solutions Exist?
Mold remediation can take many forms and changes based on numerous factors and environmental conditions. Surface cleaning is the preferred approach, but this is not always possible when the infestation penetrates beyond the outermost layer of hosting materials. More aggressive and abrasive tactics can be needed, even to the point of controlled demolition. Our SERVPRO team helps with:
- Attic Mold Removal
- Basement Mold Remediation
- Mold Inspections
- Mold Containment
- Odor Removal
The Role of Containment in Remediation
Containment is an important aspect of successful remediation. By erecting barriers and temporary wall systems or utilizing negative air machines, we can prevent the migration of aggressive mold spores to new areas. Limiting the work zone allows for mold removal and cleanup to occur at a much faster rate.
Clearing Musty Odors
A final consideration of the restoration and recovery process after mold damage in your residence is eliminating lingering odors generated by volatile organic compounds. Musty smells are a common output of microbial colonies, so deodorization practices become necessary in the cleanup and recovery of a mold-damaged residence.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (413) 324-1300
Some restoration companies advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy because removing all mold from a house or business is impossible; microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Hampshire County?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mold spreads quickly, so a minor mold infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business. We have the training and expertise to safely handle any mold situation.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our advanced equipment helps to detect and stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (413) 324-1300
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Hampshire County is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Northampton community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 2110 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: