Why Is Swift Mold Remediation Crucial to the Survival of Your Amherst Business?
If your business is overtaken by mold you need to call the professionals. Call SERVPRO today for remediation assistance.
Fast Mold Remediation Allows You to Resume Business Operations as Soon as Possible.
As an Amherst business owner, you know that time is money and that the longer your business is unable to operate normally, the more money it loses. This is why fast and effective mold remediation services are so crucial to the survival of your enterprise.
SERVPRO’s mold specialists are dedicated to providing your business with the highest quality mold remediation services in Amherst. Their extensive training and experience help them perform a wide variety of mold-related work.
Some Services SERVPRO Offers Are:
- Mold Inspection
- Basement Mold Remediation
- Bathroom Mold Removal
- Attic Mold Removal
- Black Mold Damage Repairs
These efforts not only protect your business structures from the long-term effects of mold, like dry rot and structural collapse, but also ensure that all parts of your facility are safe and pleasant for your customers and employees.
Operating a business in Amherst is not always easy. It requires you to remain forever vigilant against potential threats to its survival. Over time, even seemingly simple little things like a small water leak could cause catastrophic damage prompting its closure. It is your responsibility as an owner to avert this potential negative outcome for the sake of your customers, employees, and bottom line.
With all this in mind, your neighbors at SERVPRO of Hampshire County are always available to assist you with all of your mold remediation needs. Call us anytime at (413) 324-1300 for help.
Water Damage in the Local Amherst Laundromat
Commercial water damage can be quite critical. Contact SERVPRO immediately to get the help you need with water damage remediation.
SERVPRO Technicians are Proficient at Remediating Your Water Damage
Everyone needs a laundromat from time to time. You lined up plenty of washers and even offered a drop-off wash and fold option for busy college students and hardworking community members. All goes very wrong when a defective machine overflows, flooding your dry cleaning and laundry location with several inches of water. A speedy resolution to the problem is to call SERVPRO for efficient water removal services.
With so many different people operating the washers round the clock, an overflow of water needing immediate removal could be expected at your Amherst laundry center. The overworked machines do not cycle out of the filling stage because a valve is corroded and sticks in the open position. Customers fail to oversee the machines and do not notice the flow of water. Within minutes the floor of your shop is inches deep in sudsy water.
Managing this mess on your own is difficult. You have your hands full running the dry cleaning desk and the snack counter that keeps bored customers happy. You and your clientele count on the laundry being open 24/7, so the chance you close to deal with the damage is not one you want to take. The technicians from SERVPRO are a perfect fit for this scenario, trained in fast water removal and proven drying techniques.
A professional restoration company like SERVPRO is also well positioned to determine how to get rid of the water properly and take all necessary steps even when your electricity is shut off. Truck-mounted pumps and extractors do not rely on your electricity for power. The water pulled out of your business is considered contaminated, and SERVPRO contains this “gray water” for appropriate disposal. Submersible pumps and heavy-duty extractors suck up standing water fast.
SERVPRO staff inspects and evaluates your flooring, trim, and walls, looking for areas where the water undermined the integrity of the building materials. If the crew arrives soon after the flood and begins restoration work, chances are good the tile floor and painted walls need air movers and dehumidifiers to reduce the moisture remaining. Our trained technicians scout out any concerning patches where water has been absorbed and then check for possible microbial growth risks.
When you need to get your customer’s laundry back on line SERVPRO of Hampshire County is the answer to washer overflow. Contact us at (413) 324-1300 for immediate assistance in removing wash water and drying out your laundry business.
Subtle Water Damage Builds Up to A Crisis in Northampton
Excess water affected your hardwood floor or ceiling? Call SERVPRO 24/7 for certified technicians and proven methods.
SERVPRO Restores Hardwood Floors Damaged by Water
Life keeps homeowners very busy, distracted by work, school, children, and other obligations. Seemingly insignificant amounts of spilled or leaked water slowly harm a hardwood floor, the damage tucked in a corner you rarely inspect. When you focus on a thorough cleaning of the room containing the neglected corner, you notice the condition of the floor with shock. Give SERVPRO a chance to restore the harm and recommend a permanent fix for the excess moisture.
Your home relies on hot water heat, a gravity system that uses century-old radiators to warm your rooms. An undetected hairline crack caused a leak that slowly soaked the hardwood floor beneath the heater, the water damage in your Northampton dining room now spreading out to floorboards beyond the cover of the under-window radiator. SERVPRO has the experience and the skills to restore the harm done and respond quickly to put a stop to further damage.
As soon as you realize the floor is soaked through, you need to consult the experts at SERVPRO. The longer your hardwood floor remains wet, the more likely it is that it suffers secondary damage like rot or a mold infestation. Wet wood risks discoloration, shrinkage, and warping. The team we assign to your home is trained in hardwood restoration and knows the steps to take to dry out the floor and plan for the final restoration.
A long-term leak not only damages the visible floor but can also destroy the integrity of the subfloor and any ceilings or other structures below. Our IICRC certified crew members carefully evaluate the extent of the problem and employ restoration strategies intended to rehabilitate and refurbish rather than tear out the original flooring. We extract any standing water with our powerful water vacuums, and then drying mats and air movers are placed to remove more moisture. If possible, the floor should be dried from above and below to ensure the subfloor does not retain moisture.
SERVPRO water abatement specialists use their water vapor management or psychrometrics training and drying theory to achieve the best result for your valued hardwood floor. Sanding and refinishing wait until the moisture content of the planks or strips is reduced to an equilibrium of 12 percent. Dehumidifiers and the judicious application of heat amplify the action of air movers in approaching this moisture level.
To restore the beautiful floors in your home, call SERVPRO of Hampshire County as soon as you realize they suffer from water damage. (413) 324-1300.
Wait for the SERVPRO Restoration Experts to Start Fire Restoration of Your Northampton Home
Fire damage can quickly evict you from your home. Contact SERVPRO for the tools and technicians to remediate the damage.
SERVPRO Offers a Premier Fire Damage Restoration Service to Northampton Residents
Smoke and soot from a fire can ruin the contents of your home. Cleaning these residues and restoring the contents is one of the foremost challenges during the fire restoration of Northampton homes. SERVPRO restoration experts use a scientific approach to eliminate the smoke and soot particles from surfaces and restore them to a preloss condition.
During fire restoration of your Northampton home, SERVPRO technicians use various cleaning agents and methods to eliminate the soot without damaging the contents. Restoring the contents is often a less costly option than replacing them, and hence SERVPRO experts prioritize content cleaning during fire and smoke damage restoration.
Content Cleaning Methods SERVPRO Uses During House Fire Cleanup in Northampton
SERVPRO technicians use several methods and cleaning agents to remove residue layers from the contents of your fire-damaged home at Northampton. Some of the techniques we use are:
- Spray and wipe: An aqueous or solvent-based cleaning agent is applied on the surface in the form of a mist and wiped with a clean towel. We use this method on surfaces that are prone to solvent damage.
- Abrasive cleaning: Used on surfaces with moderate to heavy soot deposition. Abrasive materials such as scrubbing pads and steel wool can dislodge the soot particles easily. Some liquid cleaners also contain a mild abrasive agent that can scrub off soot and smoke particles resulting from smoke damage.
- Immersion cleaning: Only used for contents that can withstand being completely immersed in liquid during the fire damage restoration process. SERVPRO techs also use high-frequency waves to create millions of bubbles that implode, resulting in a scrubbing effect.
Call SERVPRO of Hampshire County at (413) 324-1300 for fast and efficient service.
What Should Northampton Homeowners Do After Storms Bring Flood Damage?
Flood damage sometimes requires removing flooring and drywall to dry and restore you home. But no worries! SERVPRO is always on the job,
Whether Your Northampton Property has a Leaking Roof from Storms or Something Else, SERVPRO is There to Handle Flood Damage and More!
Significant rainfall in Northampton could lead to flooding and ceiling leaks. Whether you have basement flooding or worry about secondary damage from moisture getting into your home, SERVPRO can help. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster, giving you peace of mind in knowing you have skilled technicians at the ready!
No matter the severity of a storm, flood damage in Northampton can turn into a hazardous situation. If moisture gets into your home on any level, you run the risk of costly secondary damage or mold and mildew growth, which can bring potential health effects. Stormwater events generally get classified as follows:
- Category 2 –This is when you may have water coming in from a window or your ceiling with low contamination.
- Category 3 –This often happens with basement flooding/groundwater floods, including harmful microorganisms, fecal matter, chemicals, and other contaminants.
Once you call us for flood restoration or basement flooding cleanup, we will:
- Extract all standing water.
- Remove and dispose of all unsalvageable building materials and contents.
- Carefully inspect for hidden moisture pockets.
- Dry and sanitize all structural components.
- Clean and dry impacted contents.
- Perform controlled demolition, as needed. General Contractor License #: MA CS-107843 - Residential Contractor License #: MA HIC 180066
SERVPRO of Hampshire County can be reached at (413) 324-1300 when you need fast, efficient flood damage cleanup after a storm.
Hidden Water Damage Calls for Prompt Repair Within Your Northampton Home
Overflows and leaks happen. SERVPRO is always ready for emergency home restoration.
Calling SERVPRO to your Northampton Property Ensures Reliable Water Damage Repair and Cleanup!
There are times when ceiling leaks, light basement flooding, and drips from appliances can bring about hidden water damage. Rather than trying to find the issue in your Northampton home on your own, contacting a professional water damage restoration team is the best way to go. SERVPRO is available 24 hours a day so that you can bring your property back to pre-water damage condition “Like it never even happened.”
Should you have a leak that calls for water damage repair in Northampton, whether from a pipe or appliance, SERVPRO can help! We often get calls for emergency water damage restoration services for issues like:
- The development of mildew or mold from a hidden leak. There could be a slow drip under your bathtub, a cracked hose from your washing machine, or a poor pipe connection.
- During the winter and spring months, ice dams that formed can cause damage in the form of staining or leaks on your ceilings and walls as they melt.
- You could have condensation build-up due to a faulty exhaust pipe in a bathroom, a roof cap issue, or a boost in your interior relative humidity.
The IICRC-certified water restoration technicians (WRT) at SERVPRO of Hampshire County will ensure you get the water damage repair you need. Call us at (413) 324-1300 for rapid water remediation!
Amherst Residents Deserve Excellent Fire Damage Restoration Services
This fire was localized but caused smoke and soot damage throughout the home. SERVPRO was there and made the home "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO Ensures the Best Results with House Fire Cleanup – Contact us when you Have an Emergency at Your Amherst Home!
Whether you are hoping to relocate or want a nice place to visit, you will find Amherst, Massachusetts to be an excellent choice all around. Nestled within Hampshire County, Amherst is home to five colleges. Within the region, you will find several communities, including North Amherst, South Amherst, and Amherst Center.
Some notable names come from Amherst, Massachusetts, including:
- Emily Dickinson, poet
- Ebon Moss-Bachrach, television actor
- Helen Hunt Jackson, poet
- Kyle Woodcock, pop singer
- Julie McNiven, television actress
- Mascis, guitarist
Exploring Flavors and Nightlife Amherst Has to Offer
Due to Amherst being a college town, you will also find a diverse selection of watering holes and eateries to experience. Whether you want a beverage with friends or an excellent spot for a slice of pizza or breakfast, Amherst has it all.
- Bistro 63 –This is an American-Fusion restaurant and bar on N. Pleasant Street with menu favorites like jambalaya, homemade soups, seafood, and more.
- The Lone Wolf –Located on Main Street, this café is the number one place in the area for breakfast. Be sure to check out the multi-grain pancakes, loaded omelets, crepes, or Southwest scramble!
- Antonio’s Pizza –This pizzeria and Italian restaurant on N. Pleasant Street features gourmet pizza, appetizers, salads, and convenient take-out.
Historical Landmarks and Sights to Check Out in Amherst, MA
You could almost call Amherst a sleepy little town, but this college town is bustling with local adventurers and visitors alike most times of the year. Some of the top sights and historical landmarks in the region include:
- Amherst College –You will find this renowned learning institution, open since 1821, located on South Pleasant Street.
- Hampshire College –This laid-back campus is situated on West Street.
- Emily Dickinson Museum –Located on Main Street, this specialty museum and birthplace of Emily Dickinson is an interesteing place to visit for a bit of local history.
- Sunset Farm –Not only does this destination on Brigham Lane feature rolling farmland and cute animals, but there are also occasional art installations, local events, and more to explore.
Professional Fire Damage Restoration Yields the Best Result – SERVPRO is the Answer for Your Amherst Property
Any Amherst fire emergency can be devastating, but there is no need to panic about the clean-up when you have skilled technicians from SERVPRO on the job. We feature IICRC-certified fire and smoke restoration technicians who use proven methods and advanced technology to assure the project gets done right the first time.
Fire damage restoration in Amherst has many moving parts, but there are a few things you can keep in mind while you navigate the house fire cleanup process:
- Have the utilities turned off –Having the electricity, water, gas, and other utilities off allows our inspection and assessment to go smoother.
- Never use your electronics –Utilizing electronics damaged from heat or soot particles before fire restoration takes place can make it worse or even hazardous.
- Don’t turn your HVAC system on –The air movement from heating or cooling dislodges and disperses odorous soot and smoke particles throughout your interior.
Smoke remediation and fire damage restoration are two areas where we thrive at SERVPRO of Hampshire County. Call us 24/7 for emergency response at (413) 324-1300.
Water Damage Restoration after Sump Pump Failure
Water damage restoration is no easy task. Call the pros of SERVPRO and let their trained techs do the work for you.
SERVPRO helps Northampton homeowners with pump problems
When your sump pump is working, it is a valuable part of your home. A sump pump handles groundwater and protects basements from flooding. However, like any other device, a sump pump can fail and cause your basement to flood.
If you need help with water damage restoration in Northampton after a sump pump failure, call SERVPRO immediately. Our team will arrive quickly and assess the situation. We can:
- Ascertain whether the water is gray or blackwater and any potential health hazards.
- Remove dangerous debris such as tree trunks or clods of earth.
- Use powerful free-standing and truck-mounted pumps to remove water quickly.
We will also dry and disinfect your basement and make sure there is no lingering water damage or hidden pockets of moisture.
Of course, it is better to prevent problems if you can. You can help prevent another failure by carrying out regular sump pump maintenance and being aware of early signs that your pump is not working. These include strange noises, your pump slowing down, or is simply not removing water at all.
If you suspect a sump pump failure, call SERVPRO of Hampshire County at (413) 324-1300.
Do Not Make these Flood Damage Cleaning Mistakes
You need the right equipment when it comes to flood restoration. SERVPRO uses the latest technology and equipment.
SERVPRO cautions Northampton Homeowners
Flooding in your home is inconvenient and stressful, and, of course, you want to start cleaning up immediately. However, before you rush to deal with the flood problem in your home, please be aware that people make some common mistakes when cleaning up a flood.
If you are trying to fix flood damage in your Northampton home, please try and avoid these mistakes:
- Using the wrong equipment. A regular mop and brush are not enough for flood damage. You need proper water extraction gear, such as the kind used by SERVPRO.
- Ignoring the risk of hidden damage. Flood water can seep into walls, drywall, insulation, and wooden floors, causing all kinds of damage. Our techs use monitoring equipment to check for hidden water damage.
- Forgetting about the contamination risk. Flood and stormwater can contain microbes, human waste, dangerous chemicals, and other contaminants. We train our teams in the safe disposal of contaminated water and materials.
Our teams have the training and equipment to assess the situation and take action. We check for hidden damage, deal with contamination risks, and ensure your home is structurally sound.
Do not take risks with flood damage cleanup. Call SERVPRO of Hampshire County at (413) 324-1300.
Are You Looking for a Thorough Mold Removal Company?
Mold will spread like wildfire within 24 to 48 hours. SERVPRO techs are trained and experienced in mold remediation services.
SERVPRO digs deep during Amherst mold removal
Amherst is a lovely New England town of just 37,819 residents – but do not let the small size fool you. Amherst is a vibrant and lively community where there is always something to see or do. In 1658, John Pynchon of Springfield purchased a parcel of land in the area. For several years, Amherst was part of its mother town of Hadley before becoming a township in 1759.
Amherst's famous residents
Amherst has been home to many notable people, including:
- Arthur Lithgow. You might not know his name, but Arthur Lithgow was instrumental in the birth of the regional theater movement in the United States. He founded the famous Antioch Shakespeare Festival, also known as Shakespeare Under the Stars, and spent his life directing, acting, and teaching. He is also the father of celebrated Emmy and Golden Globe-winning actor John Lithgow.
- Emily Dickinson is one of the most well-known American poets and a prolific author who wrote nearly 1800 poems. She was not well known during her life, however. Emily spent most of her adult years in her home in Amherst, where she preferred to communicate with others through correspondence rather than meeting face to face.
- Noah Webster's name is synonymous with his dictionary. His An American Dictionary of the English Language took twenty-six years to complete. To understand each word's etymology, Webster learned twenty-eight languages, including French, Spanish, Dutch, German, and Old English.
- Robert Frost is a well-known poet who was particularly famous for his conversational writing and realistic American rural life writings. His life in Amherst contributed to those poems. He is the only poet in the world to be honored with four Pulitzer prizes for poetry.
Enjoy the cultural sites of Amherst.
As well as famous residents, Amherst boasts plenty of interesting cultural sites. While in town, be sure to visit:
- The Emily Dickinson Museum, which includes Emily's childhood home, and a next-door home named Evergreens, a wedding present from her father to her brother. Emily's home is a Federal-style house and is believed to be the first brick house in Amherst.
- The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art celebrates picture books of all kinds, especially children's books.
- The Beneski Museum of Natural History at Amherst College is home to fossils from the local area and worldwide. You can see the remains of a mammoth and a mastodon, along with a wide selection of minerals and geological artifacts.
What are the steps of mold removal?
If you are concerned about mold removal, it is essential to work with a company like SERVPRO that takes a thorough approach to mold remediation. Mold removal is not as simple as wiping away visible mold, as the colonies you see are only one part of the problem. When SERVPRO arrives at your home, we will:
- Set up containment using thick plastic sheeting and duct tape to ensure the mold spores stay in the affected area.
- Use moisture meters and probes to track the area's moisture level before, during, and after remediation.
- Use negative air machines and air scrubbers to trap mold spores.
- Deodorize the area afterward to get rid of the musty smell.
If you need a thorough mold remediation service, call SERVPRO of Hampshire County at (413) 324-1300.